WAIVER AND RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS (HARDWOOD EVOLUTION LLC)
I, the parent/guardian of the minor child hereinafter referred to as “Player” is aware of and understand that there are many risks associated with playing basketball, participating in programs, training sessions, workouts, drills, camps, clinics, league play and team sports, and any other event with Hardwood Evolution LLC. (hereinafter referred to as “programs and activities”). Although it is impossible to list all the risks associated with Hardwood Evolution LLC’s programs and activities, some of the risks include falls, physical contact with other participants, instructors or bystanders or coming into contact with a basketball in any manner including passing, shooting, throwing or kicking.
I understand and assume the risks with the programs and activities associated with Hardwood Evolution LLC.
I hereby release, discharge, acquit, agree to defend, indemnify, hold harmless and forever discharge Hardwood Evolution, LLC, its members, officers, agents, employees, and affiliated parties, from and against any and all claims demands, actions, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses of any kind or nature which the Player may have or which may accrue to the Player or property belonging to the Player, whether caused by a NEGLIGENT act or omission on the part of Hardwood Evolution LLC, its members, officers, agents, employees, and affiliated parties, or otherwise, and associated with any Hardwood Evolution LLC programs and activities, whether upon, or in transit to or from the premises where the programs or activities occur or is being conducted or any property adjunct to the programs or activities.
I, the parent/guardian of the “Player” being allowed to participate in any way in the Hardwood Evolution LLC programs and activities, acknowledges, appreciates, understands and agrees that:
As with the transmission of any communicable disease like the cold, flu and MRSA, the “Player” may be exposed to COVID-19, also known as “Coronavirus” (hereinafter “Illness”) while engaging or otherwise participating in any programs or activities associated with Hardwood Evolution, LLC. Due to the nature of the programs or activities associated with Hardwood Evolution, LLC, it is not possible to maintain social distancing between the “Player”, coach, staff, and other participants, parents or bystanders at all times. The risks of injury and exposure to and contraction of an illness to my child from the programs and activities are significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risks of serious injury and illness do exist; and,
- FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, FAMILY AND CHILD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE or others, and assume full responsibility for my child’s participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child’s readiness for participation and/or in the program itself, or if the child or any family members are showing ANY signs of sickness, I will remove my child from the participation and bring such attention to Hardwood Evolution, LLC; and,
- I myself, my spouse, my family, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assignees, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE FROM LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS Hardwood Evolution LLC; its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property associated with my child’s involvement or participation in these programs or activities, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I, for myself, my spouse, my family, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assignees, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above Releasees from any and all liabilities associated with any involvement or participation in these programs and activities, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE RELEASEES NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I, the parent/guardian, assert and acknowledge that I have explained to my child: the risks of participating in the programs and activities, his/her responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations.
- I, the parent/guardian assert and acknowledge that I have read and explained this WAIVER AND RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS to my child.
I, the parent/guardian of the “Player” understand and acknowledge that this WAIVER AND RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS forever discharges Hardwood Evolution LLC from any liability or claim that may occur with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my participation in these programs and activities and time spent at a Hardwood Evolution LLC event.
I, the parent/guardian of the “Player” hereby release and forever discharge Hardwood Evolution LLC from any claim whatsoever which accrues or may hereafter accrue on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered to a “Player” while participating in or otherwise in connection with a Hardwood Evolution LLC’s programs, activities or event.
I, FOR MYSELF, MY SPOUSE, MY FAMILY AND CHILD, HAVE READ THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE ASSUMED THE RISKS AND GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.